Since the early days of the technical industrial design studio, AWS Designteam focuses on solutions and tools around and for the human body.
They work in fields like healthcare, sports equipment, musical instrument and electronic goods sectors for more than 20 years.
The credo of the Austrian studio is to make things better for the users and to be on eye-level with all the stake holders of the research and developmet process for new products, and to take every input from marketing, engineering down to the assembly line seriosely.
The cooperation between AWS Designteam and Ottobock is a long and manifolg relation. AWS started designing othoses for the german parnet comany, in the mid 2000s. Stoping over in supporting subsidiaries in Sweden, USA and the UK, the design agency ended up working with the vienniese Ottobock branch for mecatronic prostheses.
Blue Locar, watersport security devices Elan, skis & snowboards
Fischer, alpine & nordic ski equipement
Head, skis, snowboards & rackets
Julius Meinl, tea & coffee
Lomographic Society, photo equipment
Odin, tableware & interior
ÖBB, Austrian railways
Rehband, sports protection
Siemens Home, home appliances
Tyrolia, ski bindings
Wiener Einkaufsstraßen, retail consortium
• 6x Red Dot Design Award: 2009, 3x 2011, 2013 & 2022 (Ottobock, HEAD, Tyrolia)
• 5x IF Design Award: 2009, 2013, 2015, 1016, 2018, (Ottobock)
• 3x Austrian National Design Award nominations: 2007, 2017, 2019 (MADA Guitars, Ottobock)
• 3x German Design Award: 2010, 2014, 2017 ( Ottobock)
• 3x Plus X Award (HEAD, Tyrolia)
• 1x TIA Top Innovation Award: 2018 (Adam Wehsely-Swiczinsky)